Last night's date was with Outdoorsman meets Business Man. This bachelor and I have been emailing back and forth casually since I joined Match and finally we nailed down a time to grab a glass of wine at a new wine bar. I arrived early (as I like to do because it gives me time to check the lip gloss and mentally gear up for the introduction) and grabbed a seat the bar. The bartender kept referring to me as "Cute Blond Girl" before my date arrived, so I felt like I had clearly made a good outfit choice and was indeed having a good hair day.
My date arrived and actually looked like his profile pictures. He is a nice, all-American looking guy with dark brown hair and athletic build. He clearly is in good shape based on the number of hours per week he spends living the Colorado dream in the mountains. He's travelled the world, hiked 40 out of Colorado's 54 14ers, kayaked, snowboards 2-3 times a week, and hikes regularly. This guy is all about Colorado! He seemed a tad introverted and serious, but made up for it by having interesting things to share and clearly being a well-rounded person. I honestly could not tell if he was interested in me at all since he did not ask many questions, but at the end of our 3 hour date he did ask if I would like to go out again and I said yes. I will also note that our fingers did graze each other's while I was looking at something on his cell phone and I did not shudder. Small victory in the world of attraction. :-)
I will say that after being four dates into this process, I am quite pleased that none of them have been disasters and each person is fairly "cool" and very nice. I have Bachelor #5 on the horizon after he just asked me out last night via email, so perhaps another story is just around the corner.
Yay for date #4!!! Keep em' coming :)
ReplyDelete