December 11, 2010

Bachelor #1: The Shy Guy

I had my very first Match.com date last night!  It was interesting going on a date with someone who you haven't met before, but have seen pictures and communicated. Most blind dates I've had in the past have been 100% blind. So in some ways this was only a half-blind date, and you hope that your online impression of someone translates to the same expectation in person.

My date, Peter, and I met for drinks last night, which turned into dinner, which turned into more drinks and ended almost six hours later. He was very attractive (looks like Ryan from The Bachelorette who married Trista - with amazing eyes), great job, super polite, and very pleasant in general. He mentioned on his profile that he was shy and even said that again last night. That might have resulted in slight stiffness I felt during the evening.  But I remembered that my friend Adam says that is so shy and awkward on dates that he usually ruins them, but wishes the girl would give him another shot. So with that thought, I opted to just enjoy myself and keep an open mind. Honestly, it was refreshing to be out with someone who was so [quietly] assertive and polite about everything. I really enjoyed how manly and confident he was while on the date. I've certainly had my fair share of dates where I feel like the roles are confused (remember: "Oh, should I pay for your drink too"? guy).

I would consider this date to be a huge success in terms of his qualities, looks, and I did enjoy myself. If he would like to go out again I would go, and if I never hear from him I am perfectly fine with that too. And maybe Date #2 would have more a bit more laughter and a touch of chemistry.

I do have more Bachelors on the horizon and hopefully a few more dates in the next week...let the fun begin!

2 comments:

  1. Fun times, keep us posted on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear more about what (or I should say WHO) comes out of all of this!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete