December 19, 2010

Bachelor #3: The Pursuer

My third date was with Brian, The Pursuer. He initiated contact with me on The Match and asked really great questions and seemed extremely sincere in everything he said. After a few exchanges he stated he would like to get to know me in person and asked for my phone number to call and ask me out.  A few days later he called and we had a very easy and comfortable for just under an hour. It was an excellent ice-breaker. He remembered a particular restaurant on my profile and asked if he could take me there, which of course sounded fabulous.

He was a great about following up with a phone call during the week to touch base and confirm plans (we chatted Monday, but had to wait a bit before going out). 

Brian made reservations for dinner tonight at my one my favorite spots in the Highlands, Lola's.  I arrived first and waited at the bar for him to arrive. He did not look exactly like his pictures and might highlight his bangs (which I do too...), but it was a little surprising that he looked so different. Picture Elvis's hair style with Vanilla's Ice highlights.

I am still learning what I can expect from these semi-blind dates. 

We sat at our table and began with the usual chit chat and get-to-know-you questions.  He definitely had a list of questions that he must have stolen from a guide book because he rattled off questions in an interview-style manner:
  • Tell me about your family
  • What is your ethnicity? (details on how white this white girl is)
  • What concerts did you go to this year?
  • What is your favorite movie?
  • What sport do you most enjoy...when I asked "to play" or "to watch" and he was very impressed that I took that question two different ways.
  • What are your friends like?
  • What kind of music do you like?
Then he asked me if he left out any questions he should have asked on a first date.  He was a nice guy and a perfect gentleman. He asked me out again, and I just couldn't bring myself to say no to his face after he just paid for my dinner and was so nice (I know, I know...). So perhaps I will have to confront that again, but not tonight. He did follow up with a text message to say it was nice meeting me.

Anyway...a good guy, just not a good fit for me!  (And regardless of the context and who you're quoting during a story you should never mention derogatory slang terms for homosexuals or sexual things on a date...I'm just sayin')


*Update on Bachelor #1: The Shy Guy.  Peter did text me a couple times to touch base throughout the week, but I never felt an over-whelming connection to keep encouraging that communication, especially since these other guys have been a bit easier to chat and laugh with.

No comments:

Post a Comment