November 29, 2010

I like long walks on the beach

It's official: I am online and looking for love. Well, perhaps love is a strong word...but I do have a profile as of Friday night. After they approve it, I get sent matches and have the ability to search. It's been about 48 hours and I have 12 emails, 11 "winks" (the lazy way of saying "Hey, you interest me", and one date invitation. We'll see where this takes me, but I can tell you right now it is going to require quite a bit of energy and stamina to hang in there. It is not the easiest process and there is a lot to filter through.

I have learned a few things in the last two days:
1. There is never an appropriate time or joke to use the word Herpes when communicating with a female.
2. Emailing, "hey sexy, how r u?" will get you an immediate "thanks, but no thanks" reply.
3. Majority of the men have given little thought to my mentioning of my Christian faith and that I'm looking to share that with someone.

My friend Joseph encouraged me last night when I told him I already felt a tad over-whelmed (he warned me I would feel that way). He was pretty funny when he said, "Instead of going to any old bar to meet a guy, you get to have all the bars at your fingertips. And you get to choose which bar to go into; you can go into the Christian, attractive, single man bar to find someone." It was funny last night and I probably paraphrased it incorrectly, but you get the point.

Wish me luck! Hopefully I'll report back with a date in the next few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. oh goodie goodie, new adventures, fun stories and maybe a prince charming along the way.

    ReplyDelete