After a nice long break from dating, I am hitting the ground running this week.
Initially my intention was to cancel my membership this past weekend, but due to a mix up with the billing cycle, my contract, clause 12F and some frustrations with customer service, I am now on Match for three MORE months. That really wasn't the plan and I don't have time with the new job change and the MS Walk coming up, but oh well...perhaps some more quality prospects will come along and help offset the fee. :-)
I met up with Cycle Guy last night for a drink following a work team dinner, which made for a long day. I haven't spent much time on Match recently since I was "winding down", but I was pretty sure my date would be a quality person. We share an interest in cycling; in fact he turned pro when he was 19 and lived in Belgium while racing on Lance Armstrong's team. Pretty cool stuff! However, the attraction never quite developed last night and I sensed some personality quirks that I don't click with (tooted his own horn quite a bit). We had one drink, an easy conversation, and parted ways. There was no mentioning of going out again on either side, so hopefully I can avoid more dating confrontation.
Bring on the next one!
No comments:
Post a Comment