March 3, 2011

Bachelor #11: The Male Nurse

I am clearly not cut out for weeks like this and double/triple booking plans.  I feel as though I'll have to make further investments in eye cream and create a very serious caffeine addiction.

After a long day at work, I went to my MS Society meeting, and then met up with #11 for a light dinner and drinks. Kurt and I have been emailing since I first joined Matchalicious and he made it known from sentence one that he loved Jesus and wanted to date someone who loved Jesus. Sounds like a good start to me!  We lost touch and then recently connected again and after some busy weeks, we finally found a night that worked. He is a paramedic putting himself through nursing school and will take his boards next month, which meant he was very excited last night to have the end in sight.

He was chatty, nice, friendly, and seemed pretty solid. Clearly his Christian values are important, and I felt like we were on the same page.  I'm not sure how I feel about this guy, but he did ask me out this weekend, so date #2 will more than likely happen. Unfortunately I am busy this weekend and leave for Miami next week, but I told him I'd like to get together when I'm back. He'll be busy studying, so it might work out for the best.

There were a few things that happened that sort of distracted me from being into the guy and while they weren't deal breakers, they also weren't deal makers. Maybe it was because he was younger or maybe it was due to nerves, but either way, I feel myself focusing on those things rather than other elements of the night and walked away feeling a tad disappointed.

Perhaps a second date where I've had more sleep will help and I can get to know this guy a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment