October 18, 2011

The Latest and Greatest

There are so many other things I should be doing right now.

Working, for starters. But I am not highly motivated on this chilly fall Tuesday at my desk and so I turn my efforts to a neglected line in my life: My Blog.

I am sure I've only disappointed two, maybe three people at tops with my lack of entries, but in order to assure that my full audience is alive and kicking, I must pay attention to this outlet of my life.

You might be wondering what I've been up to these days. Where have I been? Who have I seen? Any new men? Oh the stories are endless!

The biggest accomplishment I've had this year was the training program I put together at work. It was amazing success full of surprises, tears (the trainees, not me), learning experiences, and development. The recognition has run deep and I couldn't be more proud of what I've accomplished. I think I've finally found my calling in HR and can't wait for what else is in store for me!

The First Merch Training Class
Since that occupied my life from 7am-7pm every day it left little time for anything else in the past three months. I skipped the gym, tried to sneak in happy hours with friends, and rarely sat at home.  Since the end of the program, I've had 2.5 weeks of glorious down time and it's been amazing. I've gone to the gym again, joined a Bible study, A Broncos game, tried new recipes, started a new book, and connected with friends. I also met with my contact at the MS Society yesterday to discuss my role in the Walk event for next May, so that is on the radar once again.

Life is busy.  Very busy. And apparently it only gets busier.

But I'm feeling very blessed with where my life is at and the people the Lord brings into it. I still need to work on my patience on that "one" topic we all know I think about and many of you pray about.  I hope to blog again soon, so stay tuned. I'm off to New Jersey/New York on Thursday to visit Gretchen and the girls, so I'm excited for a mini-vacation and a chance to love on my dear friend.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I haven't seen you in forever! Glad things are going well. Hope your trip out east is fun and relaxing and great! Let's hang out soon....miss ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check your blog at least once a week, so I was excited to see a new post! I hope they keep coming. Congrats on the work stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete