I finally turned 30. It was my turn to do it. Everyone else already had their turn. I put on my big girl pants and embraced the moment!
I had a really great weekend of celebrating and it was an absolute blast! Thursday night my friend Kerstin at work planned a happy hour for me downtown. Unfortunately there was a monsoon rain storm that caused major issues with flooding and traffic, so people had to cancel. But I had a great group show up and we ended the night at the country bar next door where I got to two-step and line-dance. It was great!
 |
| Sports Authority ladies: Alana, Jen, and Kerstin |
 |
| Amy and Cindy |
 |
| Michelle, Sonya (roommate), and Melissa |
Friday (July 8) was the official day and I enjoyed brunch with friends at Snooze and laying by the pool until it was time for the party. My sister Amanda coordinated a fun gathering of friends and family at this cool little restaurant in the Highlands called Forest Room 5. After the rain was over, we moved outside and had a private little spot in the midst of the trees for our group to be "contained". Sarah made the most amazing birthday cake, which was the highlight of the party!
 |
| Sonya, me, Adam and Michelle |
 |
| Me with Melissa |
 |
| The best birthday cake ever |
 |
| Sarah, the cake creator |
 |
| Kit, Kari and Jen |
Saturday was my friend Michelle's birthday, so the festivities continued. We shopped at the Farmers Market that morning and then went to Red Rocks to tailgate before the Avett Brothers concert. We made the delicious steak tacos that had red cabbage slaw and pineapple salsa on top! A-mazing.
 |
| Red Rocks |
Sunday was eventful with the family and we celebrated with my cousin Amy and her husband Adam along with my family. Adam turned 30 in a few days, so we did a "double 30 party" for us. We had dinner at Park Burger and to-die-for ice cream at Little Man. It was the perfect ending to a perfect birthday! I feel abundantly blessed and never thought 30 could be so wonderful! I'm excited to see what unfolds in the next decade!
 |
| Adam and Kari |
 |
| Waiting in line at Little Man, Amanda, Amy, me and Mom |
No comments:
Post a Comment