February 9, 2011

The Bachelor #9: The Ryan

I really must coordinate dates based on a 10 day forecast because the last few have been during horribly cold evenings with bad road conditions. I don't mind being a trooper and driving, but my date outfits these days have revolved around my long poofy jacket with a fur hood, my Uggs and some sort of sweater on top.

I met my date, RYAN, at a fun diner in Uptown for drinks last night. I pulled up a seat the bar and waited for my date to arrive. He showed up moments later and was pleasantly tall and had a nice smile. He was completely bald with a baby face, but a super nice guy. (Abby, Shi, and Nikki - he reminded me of Jay in Chicago).  He's in sales and I could tell right away based on his ease with conversation and how outgoing he was.  Immediately I felt comfortable and knew I was going to enjoy myself over the next few hours. He asked a ton of good questions and clearly enjoys getting to know people. I found myself acting like I was with a friend and laughing a lot. I really appreciated how easy this guy was to be around!

When we walked out onto the dark, snowy streets he jokingly said, "Where did you park? Because if it's close to my car I'll walk you to your car."

Unfortunately I went back and re-read part of his profile and saw he wasn't a Christian...I'm not sure how I missed that, but it does explain why I got a totally uninterested look when I mentioned church last night (and he told me check out the Museum of Sex in NYC next week - which I'm sure has some fascinating science too...but still...). Oh well.  We did have chemistry and had quite a bit in common, but I have to stick to those few deal breakers and loving Jesus falls into that category.

I would also like to note that Governor Hickenlooper sat 3 chairs down from me and I immediately recognized him (mostly because he wasn't in spandex and a helmet), but it was fun to see him out and about.

Onto the next...come on Jesus-loving, motivated, tall man...where are you?!

1 comment:

  1. I think another deal breaker needs to be no guys named Ryan. :)

    ReplyDelete