Finally - a date in which I enjoyed myself! Finally - a date who made me laugh! Finally - someone who I willing sacrificed sleep for in order to continue a conversation!
A small Match-a-rama victory! I knew eventually this would happen. I could tell he was funny and outgoing based on his profile and our email exchange and I was delighted that everything humorous transferred in person and I really enjoyed our evening.
We met for drinks at 8pm last night after several attempts to reschedule and I left at 1am. It is definitely a [large] coffee morning! I tried to leave at 11pm and again at midnight, but he kept chatting, and then we eventually both hit a wall and finally walked out onto the cold, dark streets for a tiring drive home.
This guy has some baggage...he's a tad rough around the edges...he's not my "usual type", but I found him funny, entertaining, motivating, and interesting. He's ridiculously busy and I mean ridiculous. He is in school full time at Mines, he works 25 hours at his engineering job, and he some other responsibilities that fill the remainder of his schedule. I found it impressive that he had time to squeeze in a blind date on a Wednesday night! I felt like we had good chemistry and really enjoyed talking to each other. This might be a good example of someone I would not normally consider dating, but getting to know his personality first opened my mind up to other considerations.
I feel that a second date is likely, and would look forward to seeing him again.
Whoo-hoo - finally!
YAY!!!!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete