I cannot begin to understand the pain of divorce. To pledge your undying love and commitment to someone and a few years later not be able to stand the sight of them.
I had that thought yesterday as I mourned the loss of my recent romantic relationship to a man I spent 9 months with. How did we go from spending 9 months bringing happiness to each other and now we bring hurt to each other. It's a horribly sick feeling. Not because anyone did anything wrong, but simply because the relationship wasn't meant to be.
This all happened in a short 10 days. From revelation to realization to attempted reconciliation to recoiling...life has felt very tumultuous. I'm grieving the loss of this relationship and the hope I had it. The romantic hope, the future hope, the dream of hope. And now I just hope to move on quickly, mend my heart, and prepare myself for what God has next.
And I don't want to go back to the single scene. I happily left it in February and had no intentions of returning. But I hope when I leave it again I will do so with a partner who is equally as excited to "do life" with me and leave that single scene.
Sigh.
Here we go again.
No comments:
Post a Comment