February 17, 2012

A little bit of light

My friend Megan keeps up a blog that has simliar themes as mine, only hers is way better. I won't give you her address so you can compare and then eventually switch over and never read mine again. Even though I don't update it often enough and I recognize my audience is a tad bored with my infrequent updates and tales of pathetic dates. Actually scratch that - you LOVE the tales of pathetic dates because, let's admit it, they're pretty funny. And it makes that man who lives in your house, wears tall white socks, leaves beard hair in the sink, hates vaccuming, forgot to buy flowers look a little better.

You all know my sad dating track record: quantity far outweighs quality!

But my recent Eharmony date made me feel like there is a little bit of light at the end of this dark dating tunnel. We met last Sunday for drinks and it went really well. 4.5 hours later we parted ways and by Tuesday I already had plans for dinner on Thursday. Last night we went out for a second date and it was pretty darn great if I don't mind saying so. Another four hour date over dinner that involved easy conversation, laughter, and a good connection. We even bumped into my friend Jen who enjoyed some stalking and text me this picture...
Stalking in action
Now it is Friday morning and I'm grinning like a fool. It's just an encouraging moment to know that a connection with a great guy is possible. I received a nice email from him first thing this morning, so a third date will come. But above all else, I just felt so blessed to have so many friend rooting for me and this part of my life. The text messages, emails, and cheering are so meaningful to me as I venture out in this crazy dating world! Thank you friends!!

1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO! So excited! Can't wait to hear more! He looks cute too (from the blurry, dark, "stalking" text--hee, hee!)!!!

    ReplyDelete